Nottinghamshire County Council has secured additional Government funding so that older people can get help to keep warm this winter. The new Warm Homes Healthy People Fund will pay for:
· Emergency heaters delivered to the older persons home if their own heating stops working
- · Installation of temperature monitors to alert a central monitoring team if temperatures drop below a certain level
- · Approved handyperson checks on thermostats and insulation. They can also bleed radiators
- · Electric blanket check and exchange
- · Energy advisors to visit homes to help switch to a cheaper tariff and to give energy efficiency advice
- · Free information packs – including wall thermostats
Nottinghamshire County Council is working closely with various statutory and voluntary organisations including Rushcliffe CVS (whose drivers will deliver heaters), Rushcliffe Borough Council, NHS and Nottinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service.
To access the scheme contact: 08449 80 80 80
Produced by Rushcliffe CVS in support of this initiative:
RCVS, Level 3a, Bridgford House,
Road, West Bridgford, .
0115 9699060 Nottingham, NG2 5GJ